Collage

Collage

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Website shopping

I didn't post yesterday, because I was cooking up a storm. In the spirit of our new Weight Watcher memberships, I decided to do some cooking out of the WW cookbook, so after 2 and a half hours of playing chef (I cooked multiple meals), I did not have the strenght to think up anything creative for my blog, so I'm posting 2 photos today. Now, to get to the post:

Everywhere on the web there are these new websites popping up, where you become a member and then they send you emails daily (every few days) with fabulous clothing, shoes and accessories at less than retail prices (between 10-50% less) and I am a member of 3 of them.

 

I have purchased 2 items from Ideeli and I’m happy to say that they both arrived at the time when I expected them to and in excellent condition, so I was happy with my purchases and I was especially happy with the price. They have a wide range of designers and items and what a convenient way of shopping.

I’ve not yet purchased anything from Beyond the Rack, because their items go so quickly, whenever I see something I really like, its already “reserved by others”, so I’m hoping to one day be a bit more quick. Beyond the rack usually have excellent designer items, like for instance, they currently have Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana and Marc Jacobs items on sale. (unfortunately most items are out of my price range, but if I didn’t have the self-imposed budget of $200 per month, I could have gone a little bit cray-cray on that website.

Seenon also have great brands and designers, but what they sometimes do, which I love, is sell good quality vintage designer handbags at great prices. I tried to buy one once, but I logged on 30 minutes after the sale started and I missed out on all the bags I wanted. Next time… I’ll just have to set an alarm clock so that I can log on one minute before the sale starts.

I think we are very spoilt her in America (and Britain) with the great online shopping sprees that we can all do (well, it can be great, but it can also be a really bad thing when you are slightly intoxicated and things arrive a few weeks later that you don’t recall buying – I know a few people that that’s happened to…).
I’ve spoken to a few of my friends in South Africa about this and they are missing out (especially the ones who lived abroad for a few years and furiously partook in the sport/hobby/craze/luxury of online shopping.) But then again…going into a shop and trying on a bunch of things before buying is a lot of fun too and you don’t have to worry about shipping returns back, so I’m not ready to replace my regular shopping days with online shopping just yet, but I do love how it can give you a lot more options than before.

Day 51 - Outfit 51


Grey sweater, blue Calvin Klein top (not very visible on this photo unfortunately, jeans and silver flats

Day 52 - Outfit 52


Black cardigan (I have a few of those), BCBG "kimono-top", jeans and ballet flats

1 comment:

  1. A couple of issues with online shopping from SA: even when companies (like All Saints) kindly offer delivery to SA, it's expensive to get it here (on top of already-high product prices when converted to Rands) and sending it back if it doesn't fit, insured, costs a fortune!
    Also, phoning the customer service lines can be tricky with time differences an also pricey if you're not Skype savvy.
    Then if you ARE happy with the product & size, if quality proves poor after a wear or two, you're stuck with the whole shipping expenditure once more.
    Gah, it just doesn't seem worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete