Collage

Collage

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Designers at Stores

One of the trends in stores lately (for the past few years) is that an international store or a designer create a well priced line for some middle-of-the-road/cheaper shops. In England, I loved going to Debenhams to go check out their lines by Matthew Williams, Julien MacDonald etc and here in the US, this is becoming more and more popular. You are getting:

Vera Wang at Kohls
Mango at JC Penny
Mulberry, Isaac Mizrahi, William Rast at Target (not all at the same time)
Lauren Conrad (not really a designer, but still - the stuff is cute) at Kohls
Lanvin at H&M

This is such a fun concept. They are bringing designer wear to the masses and making it more accessible. I'm loving this idea, especially since I'm trying out this whole bargainista thing this year...after all, everyone, not only the filthy rich, should be able to buy some designer label sometime in their lives.

Day 26 - Outfit 26

This outfit is quite shocking actually - not something that you would want to send out into the world, but I made a promise to myself to post my outfit every day, so here it is.



North Face top and old sweat pants - screaming "Nurse Betty/cleaner/ 1st day home after living in a hospital for 5 days. Yes the outfit is shocking, but I am currently all of the above and I won't apologise for my lack of style today. I just needed to feel comfortable and you know what...I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment