Collage

Collage

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 50 - whoohoo

I've done it! I'm at day number 50! Chuffed much? you ask. For-freaking-sure!

This has been a tough 50 days, but I've pushed through and didn't quit and I'm hoping the worst of this year is behind us. If I could continue with this blog through the past 50 days, I'm sure the next 315 will be just fine.

What have a learned over the past 50 days:

1. I have a lot of clothes, but the challenge would be easier if I fit in more of it. 
2. It's difficult to get excited about getting dressed when you are knackered and living in a hospital. (it was only 5 days...but still)
3. Not many of the outfits over the past 50 days were very exciting. (I probably only like about 20-25 of them)
4. I'm excited about the warmer weather coming 'round and I'm hoping to be more pleased with my "looks" over the next few months.
5. It's not easy to get all dressed up when loads of people at the office wear jeans and t-shirts (that's more my issue than theirs - they are wearing what they want to, I'm the one who is simplifying/de-fabulousing my own style)
6. Just because I love fashion, does not mean that I'm automatically a fashionista/fashionable.
7. Over the past few years of living in "wholesome/outdoorsy" Colorado, I've kinda lost my lust for looking fabulous, but I'm ready to get that back - one outfit at a time (and yes, some will be duds but that's how you learn, right?)
, 9. Somehow the camera shows you how you really look and the mirror doesn't - I'm not exactly sure how that works...
10. Accessories are my friends - I'm really trying to wear some more accessories.
11. You can look cute on a budget, afterall, just look at the great shopping spree I had earlier this month for only $130. (in other words, you don't have to spend a fortune to look good).

I'm ready to continue with the Shop-my-closet-365 challenge. Even though I don't love all the outfits that I've worn, I must admit that I've really worn a lot more items than these past 50 days in 2010, and that is my entire goal: Wear more of what I own!

Day 50 - Outfit 50


Leather flower headband, black Vera Wang sweater, polo/turtle neck top, tunic, grey skinny's and tall black boots.

1 comment:

  1. WELL DONE GIRL - CONGRATS ON DAY 50!!!!!
    LOOOOOOVE THE LOOK - PRETTY GORGEOUS!
    LOOKING FORWARD TO 315 DAYS OF READING AND LEARNING PLEASURE. L

    ReplyDelete