Collage

Collage

Friday, March 4, 2011

Trends: Prints

After typing up my blog last night, about all the fun frocks, I realized that most of the dresses that I chose had some fabulous prints, which brings me to another big trend this year: prints. You see them on almost every runway. Some are subtle and others are loud and bold. On some runways they are even mixing prints - it looks cool to me, but I'm not sure that I am bold enough to do that - we'll see.

I first noticed - really noticed this mixing of prints on Project Runway when runner-up, Mondo Guerra so bravely used his Mexican "the day of the dead" inspiration and turned out some fabulous prints and bold colours which came together as a vibrant and exciting show. Nina Garcia then called his mixing of prints a bit too much (I'm sure she regrets saying that now) and Michael Kors (whom I love), sided with her - shame on you two, his collection was so much better, forward-thinking and more brave than Gretchen's. (just look at how quickly his garments sold out on "SeenOn" - I think the public made their opinion quite clear then.) I still think its a travesty that he didn't win. Anyway, I digress, the point is, that is that bold prints are everywhere  this season. 


An example of Mondo Guerra mixing prints

What I think I'll be doing this year, is to wear my bold prints, but to stay in my comfort zone, I might just pair them with something neutral, like jeans, blacks, whites, etc. Hopefully I won't stay such a sissy and before you know it, I'll be mixing it up. 

Day 25 - Outfit 25 



Last day in the hospital - yay! 
Grey sweater, cobalt blue top (which you don't really see in this photo - not sure what I did with the top...), printed scarf, jeans and bronze shoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment