Collage

Collage

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trend: Bold colours

I have blogged about some of the Spring 2011 trends that I love like Cobalt Blue and bold prints, but another trend that I'm really loving this year, is a mixture of 2 bold colours together. Basically, instead of always teaming up red a neutral colour like white or shocking pink and black, its kinda cool to team up shocking yellow top and bright green pants. (and sometimes they throw in red shoes just for that extra kick - the third colour might be a bit too much for me...)

This is such a bold and flashy thing to do and when I first saw it, I though "mmmmm....", but the more I see it, the more I love it. I have an outfit in mind that I'll wear in a few weeks time that would work. It is a bright pink cardi that I'm planning on wearing with my purple maxi dress. Is it bold? Yes. Am I uncomfortable with it? No. I'm actually looking forward to it. 

I saw Haley on American Idol tonight and she was rocking this new trend, so I felt obliged to write about it and post some pics of this fabulousness. My thoughts on this trend are, if you don't feel bold enough to wear such bold different colours on the top and bottom, try some baby steps. For instance, try a bright coloured dress and shoes in another bright colour and wear them together. It's a great look.

This season, Diane von Furstenburg really was rocking this look on her runway and advertisements. Below are a few looks (mostly DVF).



DvF at Saks Fifth Avenue


DvF Spring 2011 Runway


DvF Spring 2011 Runway


Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 Runway

Day 72 - Outfit 72


Cashmere twin set, pink French Connection skirt and tall highish-heeled boots
 

2 comments:

  1. Unaaaagi! Haley's outfit blew me away and I'm pretty damn sure I had that green skirt she wore in my hand in Zara, but wasn't confident of rocking the trend... :-( It's a must-try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - Dianne v F Yellow/purple outfit so pretty and SEXY - work so well.

    ReplyDelete