Collage

Collage

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Snow!!

This morning when I woke up, the world outside was white...and no, I didn't appreciate it much. I've had enough of the cold weather BS and I'm ready for a definite rise in temperatures. Driving to work in 32 F (0C), is not supposed to be normal in Spring, is it? Well, when you live in Colorado, it is.

Not only do I not enjoy the cold in general, but this has been a very long winter and I'm running out of wardrobe ideas. I've promised myself that I would wear a different outfit every day and post the pic (which I'm doing), but  I'm not at my "majority-of-my-closet-weight" yet, so finding something interesting and new to wear (that fits) in this sucky weather, is proving to be quite the challenge.

The other thing that makes me dislike the weather even more, is the fact that I have loads of cute warmer weather outfits that are hanging in my closet, just begging to be warn. I'm already creating little outfit combinations in my head (I wonder how many other people do that?) and I'm liking what I'm "seeing" but would prefer to rather wear it in real life than on my imaginary dress-form.

This whole "1-new-outfit-a-day" thing would have been much easier had my husband not crushed his leg and smashed his knee, because our long period of house-bound-ness is keeping me out of some nice "dressy" going-out outfits that would have, on the odd occasion, taken the place of my everyday work-wear. So instead of throwing in a stylish little number every now and then, I'm just dressing for the office (our office is EXTREMELY casual, by the way, in case you haven't noticed)

Sorry if I seem a bore with my constant complaining about the weather, but its cramping my style, and a girl's gotto do what a girl's gotto do and on this occasion its complain. Soon...

Day 66 - Outfit 66

Puss in boots - BCBG sweater, Tommy boyfriend jeans and tall brown boots.

2 comments:

  1. could do with a bit of snow now - paarl is simmering!
    Love the puss in boots look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes for puss in boots! See how your challenge is forcing you to push yourself? I love it! But I am totally with you on the weather, it can be so demoralising... Especially when a girl can't even break it up with a snazzy little stepping out number. Maybe you should start dress-up Saturdays, where you get all gussied up just to lounge around at home? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete