Collage

Collage

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Clothing memories

You always hear people talking about food memory or music memory. When you eat that bite, or hear the song, it immediately transports you back to a specific time and place, where something great (or sometimes not so great) happens.

I feel that way about clothes. I have a very strange relationship with my clothes. Most of my outfits are either associated with the place where I bought it or who was with me or an event that I wore it to.

The outfit that I had on yesterday, for instance:

The Choos: I bought them when my mom came to visit me in London. I saw them and refused point blank to go home without them. (they were selling out like hotcakes and I knew if I came back 2 days later, I would not have been able to get my size, never mind the color I wanted).

The Sweater: My little white cardi was purchased when I went to visit my friend Mads in London. We did some serious damage on the old credit card that week, and had an absolute ball in the shops - an awesome week!

The Jeans: I bought the jeans at Castle Rock in Colorado - nothing special about that - what is special however is that I wore them a lot on my last trip to South Africa and they remind me of all the fabulous people I saw and places I visited.

Just another reason why I love clothes.

Outfit 54 - Day 54

Yay for Spring! - bold pink print top, capri boyfriend jeans and Jimmy Choos

1 comment:

  1. Loving you in full colour! And there I was, just today, asking you if I'm the only freak who remembers every story of every clothing item I own... kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete