Collage

Collage

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The freaking shoes

After hours of online search, I finally narrowed my search down to 3 pairs...I was ecstatic. But only 2 minutes later, I was talked out of buying shoes online because "you have to try shoes on" - and not even the promise of "free returns" could convince my husband otherwise.

Now back to the drawing board. Back to square one. Back to many months ago...only difference is that I am now not only disappointed, but also frustrated.

I am asking myself: "Am I too picky?" "Am I too full of crap?" "Am I looking for the perfect shoe that does not exist in my price range?" (I know it exists in the $800+ price range, which is NOT my price range)

Maybe I should listen to all these "Am I's?" and just stop all the madness and the obsession. I'm walking around and I'm seeing fantastic shoes in bright colours and nudes (that won't go with any of the outfits that my obsession is meant to go with), but I stop, pick them up, ooh and aah and realize that they are NOT what I'm looking for, so I walk on and finally leave empty handed. Just to start the search all over next time.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm jinxing myself. Could it be that I can't find the perfect pair because I am LOOKING for it?

Perhaps I should go into a shop, buy another pair of shoes that I'm cooing over (and that I know actually exits) and then, I might just let go of the extreme obsession and on an unsuspecting day "bump" into the perfect pair of black, high heeled (with a small platform) shoe-booties/cage-shoes. A girl can dream...

Day 62 - Outfit 62


All hope of warm weather disappeared this morning when I woke up to a snow covered deck/yard/roof. Black sweater, jeans and blinky black flats. Brrrrr.

2 comments:

  1. Risking the wrath of Iwan... If you think you've found them online, with free returns and refunds possible, and they're within your tiny budget, get them! Worst case scenario they don't fit right and you send them back and it's a bit of a hassle but at least you know you've tried and THEN maybe you can let it go? I know I've bought three pairs of shoe-boots (returned one, two were really cheap) in lieu of the original shoe-boot I really desired - it's not satisfactory! (PS are we too picky? Yes we probably are but dammit we know what we want!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marli is getting my vote - I fully agree - get them - think you should stuff the tiny little budget and go for the real deal! Go for it girl - you deserve a flashy pair of cut-outs - o the joy of slipping your feet into the desired pair of beauties - whoopee!

    ReplyDelete