Collage

Collage

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Singing in the afternoon rain

Today, my colleague Jayna made me think about rainy accessories.

Usually, I would think about cute brollies, Wellies, funky scarves and hats. At the moment however, I'm completely confused. It is summer. We have beautiful sunny, blue-sky-ed mornings and then at 1pm, thunder and lightning till evening strikes. 

Obviously, the umbrellas are still a must-have, but if have ever lived in London, you know that you go through those quicker than tissues in winter. I had to buy a new one every week. Until I decided that I should approach the umbrella thing like a do my sunglasses. I stopped buying cheapies that I didn't love or have any special sentiments for and started buying fancy classic name brand sunglasses. The pair that I bought in Cannes, France, in 2004 (I think) served me well, I got a lot of wear out of it and it still would have been great had my husband not caused its demise. 

It worked for sunglasses, so I thought it would work for umbrellas. I bought myself a fabulous Burberry umbrella and I have had it for about 6 years and I love it. Only problem is, I put it away. Not just away, but so away, that I can't find it for months. Then, one day, out of the blue pops my fabulous umbrella and the rainy season is gone. Mmmmm.

Oh well. At least I will own it for years. In the meantime, I've got a cheapie black one in my car that will work just fine. (and by the way, whoever said that there were 300 days of sunshine a year in Colorado, is a big fat liar.)

Day 149 - Outfit 149

All dressed in black (and charcoal). Black sweater, black BCBG top, charcoal skirt (looking very black on this pic), black sandals and a silver cuff. I used to wear loads of black, but since this challenge started, I've been mixing it up with colours a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment