Collage

Collage

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back to black

Last week, a colleague commented on the lack of colour in my outfit. I giggled at/with her and said that she could talk, because I've only ever seen her in shades of grey and black. I know lots of people who can't seem to get away from wearing copious amounts of black upon black with a hint of grey or white. (off course those people shall remain nameless, but you know who you are).

For the first time, somebody actually made a good point about wearing all dark colours. Something that never occured to me before: "It takes me half the time to do my laundry." Mmmm. Makes sense.

I still remember the days when I had to separate my clothes in 3 piles: darks, pinks and everything else.  

I wear a lot less pinks, but now I wear a lot more expensive fabrics, so I have different piles: darks, lights, silks, wools. 

Oh what the hey...I love black and wear it most days, but "one does need a hint of colour" (as Nathan Lane said in "The Bird Cage".) I for one, believe that fully.

Day 156 - Outfit 156

Off-white cardi, green top, boyfriend jeans and gold ballet flats 

No comments:

Post a Comment