Collage

Collage

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DVF sale

I've received an invite for the Diane von Furstenburg sale. Part of me is thinking I should jump on it, after all, it is DVF, I love DVF and the rest of me is thinking that I should ignore it, be a good girl, stick to my budget . But...what if I can actually afford something on the sale. Then again, how disappointed would I be if I couldn't afford a single thing on the sale...snifff.

Finally, clarity struck. I made a decision. Not out of lust or need, but with a slap of reality...wouldn't I want my first DVF wrap dress purchase to take place inside the shop? Don't I want to experience the thrill of looking at every item, touching the fabric, seeing the look and then finally, carrying the hangers to my dressing room? Isn't that what I've been waiting for? Yes, it's nice buying something online or in a department store, but sometimes, don't you want to get it in the shop that it is meant to be in? A shop that is designed with the designer's style in mind? A dressing room that has been carefully designed, not practically planned, or your own home?

Yes, yes I do. I will hang on for a little while longer and I'll rather buy my wrap dress from a DVF boutique. (if I can wait that long...Denver doesn't have one...)

Day 148 - Outfit 148

Light green linen jacket, off white blingy t-shirt, jean skirt and tan sandals
(plus super white legs, but that's a whole other blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment