Collage

Collage

Friday, May 6, 2011

Shoe update

I have a shoe update:

After buying a new pair of shoes this weekend at the Nordstrom Rack, I decided to take back the pair of Nine West shoes that I bought in April: http://shopmycloset365.blogspot.com/2011/04/shoesies-for-my-footsies.html 

My friend Holly told me this weekend that since she started following my blog, she has become a lot more aware of what she spends on clothes and shoes. This really stuck with me, because I found it to be very true for myself too. In the past I would have bought 2 pairs of black, very similar looking shoes, wear them both and just be fine with it, but after buying the second pair, it kept bugging me. I finally "cracked under the pressure" and took the first pair back yesterday (since I like the other pair more).

When I made my return, the shopping assistant asked me if something was wrong with them - which off course is a often asked question when returns are made. I thought about it and my honest answer was: "I like them, I just couldn't love them".

That is kind of what this blog is doing for me. It's making me more aware and forcing me to only buy stuff that I really love instead of loads of things that are just okay.

So, I now have $210 to spend in May. Let the shopping begin!

Day 88 - Outfit 88


Another Mexian-ish outfit: Taupe top that I bought at Woolworths in South Africa, boyfriend jeans and ballet flats

2 comments:

  1. SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE TEACHING US ALL LESSONS (MAKING ME FEEL GUILLLLLTY TOO GRRRRRHHH)WHILE LEARNING YOURSELF. WOOLIES LOOKS GOOD BABE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna see the Nordstrom shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete