Collage

Collage

Monday, May 9, 2011

Home-made

So, I'm going around and around in my head about this sewing machine thing. Off course I'd never wear anything that looks to home-made-y, so if I'm going to do this, I'll have to do it good, or make pillows and table runners...

It's so easy for something home-made to look home-made and extremely difficult for things to look expensive and good. My husband's grand-ma used to make a lot of clothes for my mother-in-law and she had the gift and the machinery to make skirts and jackets that looked almost tailor-made. I don't think I'll be quite that talented behind a machine - even with a few lessons, but I could make a mean pillow-case, and if that is all I can do well with a machine, that will be fine too. After all, I welcome the challenge of another hobby in the clothing family. (well, fabric family...)

Day 91 - Outfit 91

Calvin Klein jacket, Vera Wang dress and black leather t-strap wedges

1 comment:

  1. EEEEhhkkkkk - breaking out in cold sweat just by imagining our FASHIONISTA/LABEL QUEEN sitting behind her "Singer" "stik steek naai en borduur" her way through yards of fabric! Imagine staring at yourself in the mirror posing in your latest creation and think - I should have been Vera W no 2! Quick question - how big is your craving for pillow cases and runners?

    ReplyDelete