Collage

Collage

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sewing the seams with love (sung to the tune of Sowing the seeds of love from Tears for Fears)

There is something strange going on. My mother would probably choke on her morning espresso when she reads this, but I am thinking about buying a sewing machine.

Yes, I the girl who has never finished a single Home Economics project on her own. The girl whose mom had to help her till 2am on the morning of the day of the project deadline to finish it. The girl who is too lazy to sew shut the hole on Lilu's teddy bear. Yes, I am interested in acquiring a sewing machine.

I'm thinking that I may, or may not love creating outfits for myself. The reason is that I'm seeing so many awesome things that I can't afford on my tight self-imposed $200 budget and I'd like to try and see if I can make it myself. I might fail miserably, I might loose interest in 2 week's time when I realize sewing is not for me, but on the other hand, I might just love and rock it out!

So, I'm thinking of starting small and buying an inexpensive machine, and play around for a while until I see if I love it or not. After all, I can always use it later to make pillow covers or whatever, so it won't be a complete loss...

I'll be going to a sewing machine shop next weekend to check it out...watch this space.

Day 89 - Outfit 89

Casual in a pink and grey silk top, boyfriend jeans and kick-ass Chanel sandals.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! The thought has crossed my mind too... but then I have a gorgeous piece of fabric that my MIL bought for me almost two years ago and she's STILL waiting for me to go over to her sewing room and make a dress from it under her guidance. Mmm...

    ReplyDelete