Collage

Collage

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

100 days - hoohah!

Today I'm celebrating 100 days of this crazy self-imposed experiment that I have decided to take on this year and I thought it best to just remind myself and the blog's followers of the Shop-My-Closet-365 rules. (not that I'm complaining...after all - I chose these rules):

The Rules

1. I am only allowed to spend $200 per month on clothes, shoes and make-up. (what I don't spend rolls over to the next month.)

2. I may only wear what is in my closet and what the $200 can afford

3. I may only wear each outfit once during the course of this experiment - if I want to wear the same top, it must be with different bottoms

4. Only 1 outfit per day counts, so if I am dressing up for a night on the town, that outfit can count as my 1 per day

5. What I don't wear during this year, must be donated or sold (excludes cocktail dresses, since there are not many opportunities to don those in Colorado), unless off course I love it like a first-born

6. If I'm wearing a dress, accessories count as my second piece so it can be worn again. (with different shoes and accessories next time)

7. I may wear something that I have received as a gift or that I bought with a gift card (it doesn't count as part of the $200

8. I must take a photo and post it on the blog every day (unless I am somewhere where I don't have Internet access - then I must still take the daily photos and post it as soon as I can)

9. I must get my ass into shape so that more clothes will fit.

10. I must continue this experiment for 365 days.

In the beginning I told myself to HAVE FUN AND DON'T QUIT!!!!! - and I'm happy to say that 100 days later, I'm still going strong. Whoohoo!
 
Day 100 - Outfit 100
 
It is Spring in Colorado and instead of beautiful summer days, we are experience cold grey rainy ones, so instead of cute springy outfits, I'm still rocking my winter Vera Wang sweater, but at least I could pair it up with my new BCBG lace print top, jeans and wedge leather t-strap shoes.
 

3 comments:

  1. My favourite line: "unless of course I love it like a first-born" bwhahaha! Great outfit, I know the grey weather gets old but pretty soon it will be sunny sunny every day!
    You're doing so well, I'm officially your nr 1 fan. (Louise might fight me for it though...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100 days - you did well!
    I am going to let Marlli take the no 1 spot but I will be a very close 2nd!
    That 1st born line is absolutely histerical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Looking forward to the next 265 days of wit, humor and fab outfits!

    ReplyDelete