Collage

Collage

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Does it have to be expensive to look expensive?

I've received a huge compliment about today's outfit which made me think that I must be successful at the whole bargainista thing.

My colleague asked where I bought the top I was wearing and when I gave her the answer, she made my day! My answer was: JC Penny. She thought it was a Michael Kors. Whoohoo! (and she knows a thing or 2 about clothes...)

This whole experience brings me to the question: Does something have to be expensive to look expensive?
Absolutely not!

You can buy something fabulous at a bargain price - as I have proven over the past 107 days - after all, just look at my BCBG shopping spree from a few posts ago and you will know it is possible. I must admit that I do occasionally miss going to Nordies and Neimans and buying something fabulously expensive - not just because it is expensive, but because I adore it - but the thrill I'm getting from sticking to my budget and absolutely enjoying finding items that I can afford on my budget just makes me giddy.

I can live one year without a new pair of Jimmy Choos or a Gucci bag - it will not be the end of the world. It might just mean that I become more conscientious of what I buy and how much it is worth to me. Good thing? I think so...

Day 107 - Outfit 107

Black cardi "Michael Kors-ish" top, culottes (not the coolest things ever, but it worked) and black wedge sandals.

1 comment: