Collage

Collage

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wooden shooze

I love it when fashion gets refreshed and redone a few years later. That way you really can get the "wear" out of something. Not all items of clothes can be refreshed or modernized to be worn again (I'm thinking of most of the items from my and my mom's closets during the 80's), but sometimes you can be very lucky. Unfortunately you never can be extremely certain after it goes out of fashion, so it can be quite difficult to keep the correct pieces and donate or sell the wrong ones.

The sandals below are back and ready to be worn and I'm just happy that I didn't get rid of them (I was tempted many times, because they take up so much space!). I bought them (or actually, my mom bought them for me) when I was still a University student and shockingly, I wore those babies to class running from our residence to campus and between classes (usually with maxi dresses) for hours on end and found them extremely comfortable. Now, years later (I'm not going to say exactly how many), I'm so used to wearing flat sandals and ballet flats, that I am finding it difficult to believe that these very high shoes were once so comfortable on my feet.

I've decided to take them for a little spin today - just to a restaurant in Boulder. I'm not quite brave enough to wear them for hours on end. Baby steps...




I just love these shoes!

Day 131 - Outfit 131

Ready to rock my vintage (how old does something have to be to be vintage?) shoes with a cream cardi, green flouncy top and jean skirt.

2 comments:

  1. Thought the shoes look o so familiar! Love it with the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skoene! The shocking part is the fact that you are not comfortable wearing heels anymore! Tsk tsk ;)

    ReplyDelete