Collage

Collage

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Lovin'

I know that fashion always works a season ahead, and I appreciate it, but really people, for the love of all that is summery and hot, can we please tone down the autumn advertisement campaigns. Summer has barely started and I'm ready to enjoy the heat, so don't upset me already by threatening me with warm clothes, cold weather winter coats and everything about the cold that I dislike. I love my fashion and I love my fabulous websites, but on a 94F day like today, the thought of forcing myself into a thick skirt and pair of tights with a long sleeved shirt and jacket makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and not at all ready to imagine myself in cooler weather.

I'm not quite ready to go on a website sanction yet, but I think I might just have to avoid the "just in" section for another 3 weeks or so.

I think it is better to get Summery advertisement in Winter than it is to get Autumn adds in Summer. At least summery ad's inspire you to look forward to fabulous weather, amazing outfits, longer days and a great glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc in the hand while sitting outside on the deck. Just fab. For now, I'm enjoying the weather and the amazing summer sales, that just get better and better as the weeks go on.

Yay Summer - may you stay around for a quite some time!!!

Day 136 - Outfit 136

Golden wheat silk top, denim skirt and a repeat of my 90's leather & wood shoes

1 comment:

  1. VERY ELEGANT OUTFIT.
    ENJOY ANOTHER GLASS OF N Z SAUV BLANC - I WILL HAVE A HEAVY FULL GLASS OF S A SHIRAZ ON YOU! ENJOY SUMMER. WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO WATCH RUGBY AT NEWLANDS - COLD AND WET!

    ReplyDelete