Collage

Collage

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Not so happy in BCBG

After the huge shopping success I had at BCGG last month, I decided to try my luck again. When I finished my very long and thorough search through the racks, I finally went to the dressing room with around 12-15 pieces. The very first top I put on was a complete winner and I thought excitedly: "Wow, this is gonna be another successful shopping day for me!"

After the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th items, my excitement ffizzled a bit, but I was not down yet. I continued, with all the excitement I could muster, to try on the next few outfits. A few times I thought something could look great, but I realized I was grasping at straws. Hoping something would look great/stylish/expensive, is just that, hope, not reality, and luckily for me, my reality check was sitting on a couch outside the dressing room, giving me the thumbs up (once) and thumbs down (for every other piece of clothing I wore after that).

How disappointing! I was not happy at all when I went to pay for my little black top. I felt defeated. Now that I'm looking back, I realize that I was a bit ridiculous. The whole reason for this Shop-My-Closet-365 challenge was to be more conscious of what I purchased and how I spent my money, not to see how much stuff I can buy. If I wanted to, I could use my entire monthly budget on 1 item - as long as I love it. Could I already have forgotten the reason for all of this madness?

I went shopping. I bought a top, A really pretty top. A top I really like. A top that was on sale and cost only $29. I should be happy, not depro. Luckily hindsight is 20/20 and today, I'm happy about that top. That was the only thing that I loved and looked good on me that day. I should celebrate it. In fact, I will celebrate it by posting a picture of it on this post.

Light and airy, lots of detail, what's not to love

Day 124 - Outfit 124

White cardi, black and white Calvin Klein top, boyfriend jeans and black ballet flats

No comments:

Post a Comment