Collage

Collage

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday - not

I have been wracking my brain, trying to come up with something informative/clever/cool/bizarre to blog about today and I have nothing. I guess real life and a full time job that you don't particularly love or that doesn't satisfy your soul/creativity, can do that. It can on the odd occasion suck the creativity right out of you. 

I am no fool, I know not very many people on the planet love their jobs, but I know some people do and I wish I could be one of them. The uncoolest thing of it all is, ask me what I really want to do and I have so many ideas, that I can't get my thoughts straight. I'd love to work in the clothing industry, own a boutique, write about fashion/clothes, import South African home products to the USA, write about travel and food, etc, etc, etc.

 Most people will say: "why don't you go work in retail?" It definitely is a fair question, but one I find very difficult to answer. I did work in a large fancy department store for a while and even though I enjoyed it most of the time, I really did not LOVE it because of some of my co-workers. I was just not a cut-throat sales person and when people "stole" my sales, I said nothing. Sounds a bit wimpy, I know, but it just isn't me. Also, the pay is dreadful, unless you are a cold blooded, heartless, sale stealing, people-out-of their-food-money-convincing bad ass sales person.

For now I'll keep blogging. Sometimes I might bore you. Sometimes I might tell you something you didn't know. Most of the time I will just waffle on about clothes and my love for it and you know what, that will just have to give me enough pleasure to endure my regular 8-5 job. At least I have something to look forward to: my blog and you reading it.

Day 135 - Outfit 135

 Wearing my fun fan kimono-esque top, a white tank, jean skirt and silver kitten heeled sandals. I got loads of compliments today, so all in all, it was a good outfit day.

No comments:

Post a Comment