Collage

Collage

Monday, February 14, 2011

Trends - The Maxi dress

There are so many fabulous trends this year, but one of my favourites is the maxi dresses. I can usually not be credited with the term “trendsetter” (except when I started wearing ballet flats before they were in – I bought some bronze flat Jimmy Choos – they were awesome and I wore them before the trend, so it does happen on the very-very-odd occasion).

Anyway, one of my favourite things to wear in Spring and Summer over the past 3-4 years is maxi dresses and slowly but surely, they became more and more trendy, and they are still here during NY Fashion Week 2011. I say “Yay, maxi-dresses”! They can hide a multitude of sins (unless they are too clingy off course), like belly fat, saggy butts and cankles  (I do not admit to having of those, by the way).

Fall 2011 is full of long flowy dresses and skirts teamed up with loose chunky sweaters & boots, funky jackets or just great accessories, mixing hard and soft and adding great texture to your outfit.

This spring, I’ll continue wearing my maxi dresses and not feel “so last season” and then in Fall/Autumn, I’ll do the same. Wait a minute…it is still Winter, so watch this space, I’ll start wearing the long dress/skirt & chunky sweater look earlier than September. Yay for Fall/Autumn Fashion week coming to a magazine/website/youtube video near you in February. It gives you a chance to feel like a trendsetter!

 Day 7 - Outfit 7



Today was supposted to be a great day (weather wise), so I got dressed in a cashmere cardigan, flowery-printed skirt with peek-a-boo lace trimming (another trend in 2011) and blingy ballet-flats. Unfortunately the weather was not that great - in a state where you have 300 days of sunshine, an unexpected cloudy day can be a real bummer. Luckily I had pink and purple flowers to make me feel like Spring is on its way! (and to say Happy Valentines Day)


No comments:

Post a Comment