Collage

Collage

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stuff you, recession!

Today I went shopping with my friend Lesleigh - shockingly, we bought nothing, but that's a-whole-nother blog post.  As we walked around in the Cherry Creek Mall's Saks Fifth Avenue, I started feeling a bit sad. This 20 year old store is closing its doors - according to a sales person, it's the 7th Saks store in the country that is shutting down and there are more still to close.

This recession is bad, its really bad - I know it's bad everywhere, but I don't think that people know exactly how hard America is being it by this.  Last weekend I went to another mall - Flatirons - and what I saw there was even worse. There were a few empty stores in Cherry Creek, but in Flatirons I was surprized by the shops that were either shut down in January or are in the process of throwing their final close-down sale: Guess, Abercrombie & Fitch (what???) Restoration Hardward, Fossil, Ultimate Electronics...to name a few. Not even Christmas could save these huge stores from closing their doors.

If I have to look at the bright side (and I do), I'm thinking that maybe H&M will finally come to Colorado, or how about Zara? I really miss you guys, please come, we'll be happy to have you. My monthly spending on clothes and shoes  will go down drastically this year, but that doesn't mean that I should stay out of the shops. Oh no, I'm ready to go out and find me some bargains. I might not turn into a fashionista, but in this day and age, I'll settle for a bargainista!

Day 5 - Outfit 5



Colouful Vera Wang dress, black long/loose cardigan, leather boots and Mulberry bag.

1 comment: