Collage

Collage

Monday, February 21, 2011

NYC - Day 13 & 14


Being a tourist is really hard work. You wake up early, spend the entire day walking/shopping/sightseeing/discovering then return to your hotel, fall into bed and start all over the next day.

For that reason, and the fact that I was not only mentally tired, but also physically, I had no strength to post a blog last night. In fact, I’m pretty chuffed with myself for even succeeding in doing so on Saturday.

Yesterday, I succeeded in achieving one of my shopping goals. I managed to get to H&M. Unfortunately, a visit to Zara is still just a great dream and not a reality at all. As us girls went into H&M, we were happy because the guys went to do their own thing so we thought we would be able to spend loads of time in there. Hmmm….not so much. After 30 minutes, they came to get us. I, armed with numerous items of clothes would have none of it, so we continued to shop. In the dressing room, I received a call. Him: “Where are you?” Me: “in the dressing room. I’ll call you when we are done”. Which was true, but I may have neglected to mention that I had 23 items to try on, so it would not be very soon. (I know it was 23 items, because they only allow 7 in the dressing room at any time, so I had to go back and forth with armfuls of clothes 4 times.).
I finally narrowed the 23 items down to 7, when I remembered my new $200 minimum per month, so some serious editing was in order. Nadia helped me.

We narrowed it down (about an hour and a half and another phone call into the experience) to 3 items that I could not live without:
1. A fabulous little dress that had 3 fashion trends in one: Colour blocking, Bright, bold colours for Spring (coral and pink) and 60-70’s cut. (more on those trends soon).
2. A bright multi coloured top with a bright fun print.
3. A mocha/terracotta/caramel colored dress.
Total spent: $130
Total left for Feb: $70 (eeeeekkkkk!!!!!)


Day 13 - Outfit 13


Yesterday was so freaking cold, and I was silly enough to think that this outfit would keep me warm. When you are walking downtown and the icy wind is blowing through your scarf, gloves, jeans and thick down coat, you know its not your usual fun touristy weather. Luckily the sun came out later and my feet stopped burning (from the cold).



Day 14 - Outfit 14
 

This morning we woke up to a very white NYC. I needed an outfit that would be comfortable to travel in (leggings), keep me warm (thick sweater dress) and keep my feet dry (leather boots). Note to self: if you immerse your foot in a ankle high puddle, some water will seep through the zipper area and no leather on this planet will be 100% waterproof. Brrrrr!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, dressing for *such* cold, wet conditions is no fun if you don't own a limo? You still look damn cute though, love the cheeky pose in the sneaker pic! Also, how the heck could the boys come for you after just 30 mins? I usually need two days in H&M! Did Nadia shop at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call it my Vera Wang pose. :) Oh yes, Nadia did some shopping too and we could have probably spent at least another hour (or 2) in there. Hoorray for H&M!!

    ReplyDelete