Collage

Collage

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Rules

On the eve of New York Fashion week, I'm sitting in sad anticipation. Sad, because I will not be able to go, and anticipation, because I can't wait to see what is on the runway. (even if it is on the tv or in magazines).

To really push myself to go for this experiment (and believe me, for me it is not an easy thing to do), I've come up with 10 rules:


1. I am only allowed to spend $200 per month on clothes, shoes and make-up. (what I don't spend rolls over to the next month.)

2. I may only wear what is in my closet and what the $200 can afford

3. I may only wear each outfit once during the course of this experiment - if I want to wear the same top, it must be with different bottoms

4. Only 1 outfit per day counts, so if I am dressing up for a night on the town, that outfit can count as my 1 per day

5. What I don't wear during this year, must be donated or sold (excludes cocktail dresses, since there are not many opportunities to don those in Colorado), unless off course I love it like a first-born

6. If I'm wearing a dress, accessories count as my second piece so it can be worn again. (with different shoes and accessories next time)

7. I may wear something that I have received as a gift or that I bought with a gift card (it doesn't count as part of the $200

8. I must take a photo and post it on the blog every day (unless I am somewhere where I don't have Internet access - then I must still take the daily photos and post it as soon as I can)

9. I must get my ass into shape so that more clothes will fit.

10. I must continue this experiment for 365 days.

To myself I say: HAVE FUN AND DON'T QUIT!!!!!

Day 2 - Outfit 2

Please don't think that I really want everyone to see what I'm wearing daily, because most of my outfits aren't really that exciting. In fact, some are pretty much downright boring. The reason why I'm posting the pics is to keep track of my outfits, make sure I don't wear the exact same thing twice, get creative and to push myself to continue the entire year.


It's pretty difficult to pick something fabulous when it is 3F (-16C) outside, so I went for a BCBG sweater, polo neck, skinny jeans and Uggs. Nice and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment