Collage

Collage

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shop My Closet 365 is born

Last November, during my Birthday Jubilee (yes, my birthday lasts about a week) we went to Santa Fe, NM. Packing was absolute torture, not because I don't have enough clothes (in fact I have way too many), but I don't fit in about 80% of my wardrobe and going out and replacing everything is just not an option.

When I stand in front of my closet I'm a bit ashamed, really.  Lots of things have only been worn once or twice, or they still have the tags on!!! (which is very uncool for someone who wants/tries to not be wasteful)

It's not that I am a clothes hoarder, but I just can't bear to get rid of my clothes. (mmm, okay, maybe I am a bit of a hoarder). I do try to donate some clothes each year, but it is just getting harder and harder, mostly because I believe there are only about 15 lbs standing between  me and some of my favourite pieces as well as the majority of my clothes. The problem I have, is that nothing can inspire me to loose these annoying sad pounds, so I've thought of a fool-proof way (methinks) to do so and save some $$$ in the process.

It's official, by starting this blog, I'm officially declaring that I am gong to shop from my closet for a whole year. If I fail at this, it would be quite embarrassing since I've decided to openly blog about it, so...failure is not an option.

Ladies and Gents, here I am, officially kicking-off the "Shop My Closet 365 Experiment".
(rules to follow tomorrow)

Day 1 - Outfit 1:

I have delayed starting this blog and I have used every excuse in the book: I'm going on vacation, will I have internet access every day?, my vacation just ended, it's too hot, it's too cold, it's snowing, blah, blah, blah...NO MORE, so today, on this horrifically cold winter-storm-warning day, I am blogging about outfit number ONE.


 
What do I say...not much really...it's what I call "Snowed In (not-so) Chic!" (don't you just love the pageant queen pose - I'll have to work on those poses...)

2 comments:

  1. I love the beauty queen pose! Don't ever change. So excited to follow this journey, good luck girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete