Collage

Collage

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day number 250!!!

Today, on my 250th day of the Shop-my-closet-365 challenge, I've decided to repost the rules of the challenge just to remind myself of them:

1. I am only allowed to spend $200 per month on clothes, shoes and make-up. (what I don't spend rolls over to the next month.)

2. I may only wear what is in my closet and what the $200 can afford

3. I may only wear each outfit once during the course of this experiment - if I want to wear the same top, it must be with different bottoms

4. Only 1 outfit per day counts, so if I am dressing up for a night on the town, that outfit can count as my 1 per day

5. What I don't wear during this year, must be donated or sold (excludes cocktail dresses, since there are not many opportunities to don those in Colorado), unless off course I love it like a first-born

6. If I'm wearing a dress, accessories count as my second piece so it can be worn again. (with different shoes and accessories next time)

7. I may wear something that I have received as a gift or that I bought with a gift card (it doesn't count as part of the $200

8. I must take a photo and post it on the blog every day (unless I am somewhere where I don't have Internet access - then I must still take the daily photos and post it as soon as I can)

9. I must get my ass into shape so that more clothes will fit.

10. I must continue this experiment for 365 days.

I'm thinking I need to add another rule to the list...maybe. At the moment I fear/know that I won't be wearing all my favourite outfits before the end of the challenge, because Summer is over and due to some unfortunate weight-gain (a-whole-nother blog), I won't be able to fit in them over the next few days. In order to prevent myself from getting rid of them (hark!!!) as per rule number 5, I might just choose to lenghten the challenge instead. (yes, that is utter fear creaping up in me, making that statement, not the fact that I'm loving the craziness of this challenge, because we have a kind of a love/hate relationship). I won't make the decision right now, but, it is something to think about...

Day 250 - Outfit 250

Blue silk top, skinny's and black ballet flats

No comments:

Post a Comment