Collage

Collage

Thursday, September 29, 2011

NY fashion week - Spring 2012

So, NY fashion week came and went and I was too busy partying it up in South Africa to notice, so I'm forcing myself to go on a catch-up crash-course this week. Normally, I have time, to take in everything during fashion week, because I view the shows/show's photos online just after they are finished, but it isn't easy trying to view as many as you can in one day. Who ever knew that there could be such a thing as fashion show overload???? Certainly not me.

From my crash course, I've noticed that a few things are making a come-back this coming Spring: metallics, orange hues, tribal, colour-blocking, bold prints and cutesy skirts, but I've seen some very cool things that I'm kindof liking.

It looks like tropical prints are going to be in in Spring, and when I say tropical, I mean big over-the-top floral fabrics. Not exactly Magnum PI-Hawaiian-shirt-style off course, rather think funky and fashionable.

Something else that I really liked was the nod to the twenties, especially seen on the runways of Ralph Lauren, Derek Lam and Oscar de la Renta.

The past few seasons, we've really been rocking some fabulously bold colours like cobalt blue, oranges, reds, bright pinks etc, but a new trend seen on the runways, is pastels. Well, if Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger (to name but a few) are in agreeance, then we will have to rock some serious ice cream colours next Spring.

The sporty look was seen everywhere, from Marc Jacobs and Alexander Wang to Victoria Beckham and Vera Wang. I find it funky, but will have to see it on myself first before I pledge that I will be sporting the sporty the look.

 I'm sure that I will be viewing and re-viewing the photos from all the fashion weeks over the next few weeks, but I must say, I'm liking what I'm seeing and I'm looking forward to wearing most of these looks. Now if we can just get Winter over and done with.

Day 234 - Outfit 234

Cropped grey jacket, grey striped top, skinny's and silver flat sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment